Monday, March 31, 2014

Life advice for a Zero Year Old

I came across this today on The Huffington Post. There are some things in it that are worth reading.

Life advice for a Zero Year Old

The first paragraph:

Recently a close friend of mine had a baby daughter. When I held her for the first time, I was overwhelmed with how much love I felt for this tiny person that I was just meeting. All I wanted to do was teach her everything I know, right there, so that she could have the happiest life. While there are so many things I wanted to tell her, as I thought more about it, there were a few things that stood out as important life advice for a zero year old.

My favorites:

1. Be kind. No exceptions. It will feel difficult at times, because others can be so cruel, but I promise you that karma is real and it will eventually come back to you tenfold. It may take almost 30 years, but there will be a moment in time where the world gives you everything you deserve. If you've been kind, there will be incredible people around to you celebrate with.
7. Fall in love with as many things as you can. Even though I stole this line from a movie, it is so true. A band, a place, your friends, a significant other, a pet, a quote, a book, a brand... all of them. It will make you whole, and likely you will find others who appreciate the same things, creating an incomparable bond.
10. Find something that offers you peace when you need it most. There will be times that you feel overwhelmed, anxious, scared, lost, lonely or sad (I am so sorry for this, but I promise you that even though it feels miserable, these feelings will pass). Whether it's meditation, therapy, writing, or singing, find something that is there for you when you're feeling badly. Rely on that to get you through.
11. Treat others how you want to be treated. They call it the golden rule for a reason.
13. If he doesn't treat you like you're the most important person on the planet, he's not the one. You may want him to be, but honey, he's not.
14. Learn a good joke. And choose your karaoke song at an early age.You'll need both more often than you may think.
15. Give back. You are a lucky girl, but unfortunately not everyone has what you will. Donate your time, your love, your hair, some extra cash... anything you can spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment