Sunday, August 1, 2021

Colorado




 I had this blog thing all planned out.

I was going to write about how a third party site, one I’ve used for the past 10 years, totally burned me and left me without a hotel room at night hundreds of miles away from home.

I was also going to complain that two AirBnBs canceled on me.

And then I was going to throw it out there that I couldn’t get the key code door to work at 2:30 a.m. at one place I stayed at.

And then there’s that whole replacing my brakes thing for too much money because I am a dumb tourist sometimes.

Also, I paid $4.50 a gallon for gas.

At one point, I thought about just throwing in the towel and going back to Kansas. Nothing was going right and I was in a bad mood.

But I’m not a quitter. 

And what followed was a day and a night of family, friendship, mountain rides, food, alcohol, good conversations and jokes and laughter that I haven’t had in a really long time.

I challenge everyone reading this right now to go to nature, turn your phone off for a weekend, take a trail ride through the rainy mountains, and try some moonshine in what’s probably the most beautiful place in the world.

And then go back into town, get yourself some McDonalds, and then TikTok yourself into oblivion. 

It’s wonderful.

Best weekend ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment