Tuesday, August 3, 2021

We see you.


I'm going to take a little bit of time in this next post to talk about the performers.

Yes, I know, I'm skipping all over the place. Whatever. Let's roll with it, here.

So the weird thing about the concert was that Eric Church’s fan club members, the Church Choir, did not have seats directly by the stage.

Those seats were reserved for rodeo sponsors. That’s fine, and money and rodeo sponsors talk, but those people were not die-hard fans like the rest of us.

It didn’t take Eric long to spot us, the Church Choir, over to the side of the stage.

He gave us attention the whole night.

In the photo above, he was singing "Some of It," which is always a favorite of mine. He looked right at us, the Choir, and smiled.

He acknowledged us all right, from the flag the people in front of me were flying to the records we held up during the song Record Year.

(His words: "I see you. I can't get to you. But I see you.")

We see you too, Eric.

We see you.

The seating situation was kind of lame, and something that I've never encountered at one of his concerts ever before.

But the weather was beautiful, that big Wyoming sky was the backdrop, and I had a really good time going to a rodeo that's better than my hometown's rodeo.

Overall, it was solid.

Solid.

Plus, we got this update on his social media accounts after the show.

I think he liked us.

:)



---

This is the first time I saw Ashley McBryde perform, and I loved every minute of her.

My only complaint is that the show should have started sooner so she could play longer.

She talked a lot during her set, which I liked a lot.

She thanked the people in the crowd for bringing kids to the show. In her words: "If kids never stand there (in the crowd), they'll never stand here (on the stage)."

:)

She also said that the fans don't show up because the artist shows up, the artists show up because the fans show up.

She has a point there.

Overall, I'd give her a 10/10.


I appreciate a good cheatin' song, I appreciate a good 'find yourself' song, and I appreciate a song about killing someone (it ain't murder if I bury you alive, Martha Divine).

She's also solid. Plus, it was her birthday that day.

Thanks for working on your birthday, Ashley. It was pretty badass.


No comments:

Post a Comment