Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Part 4: Floor

I believe in don't start if you're going to quit

I believe in doing things the right way. When I go to a concert, I want floor tickets. I want to see the artist right in front of my face. I want to stand up the whole time, I want to sing at the top of my lungs, and if I'm drunk enough, I want to dance.

I did all of these things with this concert, minus the drinking part. The line to the women's restroom was always 800 people long, and I have a defective colon that needs surgery. 

Getting drunk and eating food at an Eric Church will have to happen next time he tours.

Anyway, part of doing concerts the right way involves finding either the tour buses or the semi-trailers before the concert.

When I was little, my Mom always took my brother and I around town to look for tour buses as part of the Dodge City Days concerts. In Dodge City, they're not hard to find. Back in the day, there was only one nice hotel, and all of the artists always stayed there.

Tradition means a lot to me. That tradition is one worth keeping. When we got into Wichita that afternoon, I drove past the arena, and there, parked half a block away, there eight huge semis with Eric Church written on them.

Ahhh! This is really happening!


No comments:

Post a Comment