Monday, April 24, 2017

That's where the butterfly met the hurricane.

I finished watching 13 Reasons Why over the weekend.

I sailed through the first few episodes. Then, as the series went on, I turned my tv off and took a break.

The last few episodes were really hard to watch. Like, really hard. I couldn't bring myself to watch them for several days.

I kept a list of quotes from the series. Enjoy, if that's the right word for a series where someone commits suicide.



  • That damn smile.

  • You were my kryptonite.

  • The truth is the least interesting version of things.

  • What came after my first kiss, not so wonderful.

  • I'm not angry you betrayed me. I'm angry that I trusted you in the first place.

  • Despite our differences, we were what each other needed at that time.

  • Losing a good friend is never easy, especially when you don't know why you lost them to begin with.

  • That's where the butterfly met the hurricane.

  • It's not the kind of thing you do if you're not ready.

  • I decided to give you another chance. Stupid Hannah.

  • People fall out of love all the time. At least it means they loved someone in the first place.

  • It's you and me against the world.

  • The kind of lonely I'm talking about is when you have no one.

  • When you're that kind of lonely, you reach out to anybody.

  • I know that kind of lonely.

  • Your thoughts deserve a good place to live.

  • Your pain is important to people.

  • I was trying to act normal. I didn't know how to do that anymore.

  • I didn't want you to judge the worst thing I've ever done.

  • I've told you about two of the worst decisions I've ever made. And the damage left behind. And the people who got hurt. There's one more story to tell. One more bad decision. And this one's all on me.

  • At that moment, everything was perfect.

  • I know you felt it, too.

  • I guess you never really know what's going on in someone's life.

  • One last try. I'm giving life one last try.

  • I let a girl die because I was afraid to love her. You can't love someone back to life. You can try.


  • It has to get better. We way we look at each other, the way we treat each other. It has to get better.


  • Are you okay? No. Is that all right? Yeah. That's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment