Tuesday, April 25, 2017

I learned that from a 3-year-old

Yesterday, I went and hung out with some pretty cool little girls for lunch.

I got an electronic gadget for my birthday. Sweet! I opened the box and looked at it.

My favorite red-haired, pony-tailed niece was interested in my present. She took the instructions out of the box and held them upside down.

She looked at the gadget, then looked back at the instructions.

She did that a few times.

"That not right," she declared, with a totally confused look on her face.

Child...you're three, you can't read, and you're holding the instructions upside down. 

She turned the instructions around when I told her they were upside down, then kept trying to figure out whatever she was trying to figure out.

In the words of someone I'm quite fond of: I learned that from a 3-year-old.

In the words of my favorite curly-haired 3-year-old: "Happy birthday Aunt Monica. We put the alphabet on your cake."

My name seems to be Aunt Moniac on my cake, but I guess that's acceptable.

I'm not that picky.


No comments:

Post a Comment