Sunday, February 5, 2017

Couponing

Over the last month, I've been clipping coupons and keeping an eye on sale prices and several apps on my phone.

Over the past month, I've been able to save about $80 on various groceries I've bought.

Take today, for example.



The shampoo and conditioner was on sale, two for $5. There was a $4 off digital coupon, which means I paid 50 cents for each for the shampoo and conditioner.

Sweet!

The body wash was on sale for $1.99, and I used a .75 cent digital coupon. The total before taxes was $6.99. I paid $1.75, plus tax.

I'm not a crazy couponer. My goal is to save money and make a small 'stockpile' of items that I need on a regular basis, things like soap, shampoo and conditioner, laundry and dish detergent, etc.

For every dollar that I save, that money is going into my savings account.

And that makes me pretty happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment