Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The problem with strippers...wood strippers, that is.

There are many things that can go wrong with house projects.

It started out as a fairly simple task: To use paint stripper to remove the rest of the paint from my wood floor.

The fact that I have to do this to begin with is stupid.

Who paints a wood floor green and white, again?


Sigh.

Anyway, the first problem I encountered was removing the cap. HOW THE HELL DO YOU REMOVE THE CAP?



I Googled the problem, like any sane adult would. Dr. Google provided no help.

I sent the a photo of the cap to my Dad and BFF. Help me, I said.

BFF's husband helped by telling me to use pliers. My little pair of pink pliers did not do the trick, but I had a little laugh because I honestly thought they would work.

Then, I found this in my garage and decided to use it.


I don't even know what this is, or what it's called, but I'm pretty proud of myself for using it.

And ps, you have to take the plastic cap off first. When I was asking for help, I was actually wondering what the hell to do with the cap. A kitchen knife and about 30 minutes of thinking on my part finally did the trick.

But nowhere in the directions did it say TAKE THE PLASTIC PART OFF, YOU IDIOT.

This is why home improvement projects take so long for me. I literally run into problems before I even start.

Oh yeah, a ladder was holding up a really big board in that room. I moved the ladder, and that big board fell. Thankfully, it did not fall on me, but it could have, and I'm pretty sure it would have knocked me out and my dogs would have had to cannibalize my body just to stay alive.

I worry about things like that.

Also, my container of wood stripper was on the floor, right in the board's path. It could have splashed all over me, but the board fell onto an adjacent wall instead of flat on the ground.

I don't know if that would have killed me, but it probably would have hurt. Another ps, getting that stuff on your skin hurts.

You should wear protective clothing at all times.





No comments:

Post a Comment