Monday, December 19, 2016

The difference between boys and girls.

I went and hung out with my nieces over my lunch break today.

I sat down in a chair at the kitchen table, and one of my little twin nieces crawled into my lap. I wanted a hug and a kiss, but we didn't get that far.

She opened my vest (I had a shirt on underneath) and she pointed to my chest.

"Boobies!"

In theory, I know that you're supposed to teach kids the proper names for body parts. In theory, that works out well.

But today, I was bombarded by "Boobies!" and I was not prepared for it.


I did not have an answer or a response for my little niece. I closed my vest, ignored what she said, then went about with life.

I was not prepared to talk about boobs before lunch.

I failed that aunt test.

Gah.


No comments:

Post a Comment