Sunday, July 3, 2016

We ended up okay.

I apologize in advance to anyone reading this. This post is not for the faint of heart.

There, you've been warned.

-----

There's a certain amount of happiness when you surround yourself with people you've known your entire life.

A couple friends and I only get to see each other a few times a year. When we do get together, it's not usually PG and we come up with some amazing quotes by the end of the night.

The night started off by reminiscing. I reminded them of the time they wrote the word of a certain part of the male anatomy on my car with window paint on my 16th birthday. I reminded them that hey, thanks guys, I got grounded for that one.

And I didn't even do it!

And then I reminded them of the time they made fun of me so much that I stopped wearing my favorite pair of jeans. I had this awesome 90s pair of jeans that were bleached. They were the shit.

I loved them.

I wore those jeans to go bowling with the same group of friends one night. Under the black light of the bowling alley, they told me my jeans looked like they had sperm all over them.

In their defense, they were totally right. 

Those pants were known as the sperm jeans from then on. I had to stop wearing them, mainly because I was 16 and I didn't want a sperm jeans reputation.

Thanks, guys, for your unconditional love and support over the years. 

:)

Anyway, we played a pretty amazing game of Cards Against Humanity. (I was not wearing my sperm jeans, and the word 'Penis' was not written on my car. We've grown up! Not really...)

-----

At dinner, we were talking about how glitter is the herpes of the craft world. 

I was on Reddit the other night, and I read a quote that made me laugh. It was something like, "MDF is the herpes of woodworking."

I told my friends that, which prompted the quote: "Every hobby has a herpes."

-----

I left my phone at my house that night, or else you would have been blessed with some amazing pictures of our Cards Against Humanity game.

I don't remember what black card was played, but the white card I had was about a 55-gallon drum of lube. 

I thought, for sure, that I had that round won. But no, my lube card was beat out by a card about ice cream.

Which prompted the quote: "I can't believe ice cream beat lube."

I love these people. 

I hope our kids, the ones that exist and the ones that don't exist yet, find friendships as great and as fun as ours. 

-----

We ended up okay. 

I think.

We did not take a new picture last night, so here's an old picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment