Sunday, July 3, 2016

Not perfect.

A couple weeks ago, I spoke to a group of 4-H kids at a camp here in town.

The topic of the camp was photography. Some of the kids told me they tried taking photos, but they were frustrated because they mess up all the time.

I told them that I mess up all the time, too. I told them to keep trying and practicing, just like you practice at sports.

So, there's the back story for you.

The fireworks in my neighborhood started a couple of nights ago. Friday night was not a good night. My FitBit basically screamed at me the next morning.

Anyway, I kind of screwed up that night.

I kept hearing a whining noise. One of my dogs, Penny, sleeps with me at night. Specifically, she likes doing covers and snuggling as close to me as humanly possible.

I thought Penny was whining about something, so my solution to the problem at 3 a.m.(ish, exact time not known) was to knee her.

Now, it's not like I knocked her across the room. Every time I heard whining, I swung my leg across the bed and tried to wake her up from the nightmare she was having.

Only, the whining didn't stop.

I don't know how much time passed before I actually woke up fully and turned the light on.

Raven, Pickles and Penny.

When I did, I found that my dog Raven, who had surgery and is wearing a cone, was stuck underneath my nightstand. She was whining because she's basically blind, and she had no idea where she was or what she was doing in life.

(Me too, dog. Me too.)

So, I left my poor blind dog trapped underneath of a table while I was kneeing the snoring dog who wasn't causing the problem to begin with.

Oops. Sorry, Penny.

We got three inches of rain that night. Raven doesn't like things that make noise, including storms. I'm guessing she came over to me during the night to tell me about the storm, but got lost along the way and ended up under a table instead.

Oops.

If you care, I took Penny bye bye the next day to make up for my crappy Pug parenting. She got to go see Grandma, and she was pretty happy about that.

Sorry, Penny. I'm not perfect.

Also, I went to the store late last night and bought Raven a nightlight. Last night we slept well. No one got needlessly kicked or stuck under a table.

So, that's a win.

Conehead, also known as Raven.



No comments:

Post a Comment