Monday, July 25, 2016

If we don't find another Doo Doo, we're in deep doo doo.

On Saturday, my Mom and I took the twins to the fair.

It wasn't really a hit. On the plus side, when one twin was thinking of throwing a fit, we told her that the chickens and pigs were going to get her if she didn't get up from the floor right away.

She listened.

Those chickens and pigs are scary if you're 2, I guess.

After we got to pet a chicken, a horse and a goat, we went shopping at a craft store.

I had a certain curly-haired twin in my cart. My Mom and the other twin were shopping in another part of the store.

My niece spotted some beanie babies in a clearance section. She latched onto an owl, and I told her she could have it.

And then she saw it: A Doo Doo doll. (Doo Doo is toddler speak for Scooby Doo.)

My little niece had a dilemma. I asked her if she wanted an owl, or Doo Doo? She picked the owl. I told her that was fine, but we were going to give sister Doo Doo.

That worked out well for about a couple of seconds. After that, it was clear that the twin that was in my cart wanted the Doo Doo doll.

We had a potential meltdown on our hands, guys.

My Mom and I went back to the toys. My Mom climbed on the shelf trying to find another Doo Doo. I told her I already did that and I promised her there was only one Doo Doo.

Sigh.

If we don't find another Doo Doo, we're in deep doo doo.

The other twin, for some weirdly cute toddler reason, really likes monkeys. We found a gorilla toy, and convinced the monkey-loving twin that the gorilla was a monkey.

Another monkey eats lunch with us.

It worked.

The monkey-loving twin was happy with her pseudo monkey. She sang in the store the rest of the shopping trip: "I love my monkey! I love my monkey!"

The other twin, meanwhile, was kissing and making out with Doo Doo in the store. Whatever floats your boat, kid.

That dog, like a certain mouse, is really, really important.

It all worked out in the end. Their little voices saying "tank you Monca" made the drama all worth it.

So, there you have it. A $4 fake monkey and a $4 Doo Doo made for an interesting shopping trip.

These kids are the coolest people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment