Wednesday, April 20, 2016

That is one very loved, very important mouse.

A little birdie told me recently that my nieces have been working on saying prayers at night.

(That birdie might be my brother.)

When my 2-year-old nieces stayed with me on Saturday night, I wanted to continue their prayer time.

As we were getting ready for bed, I told them we need to thank God for a few things. We thanked God for having a good Mommy and Daddy, for good grandparents, cousins and uncles. We also thanked God for the rain.

I asked them to think really hard about what they were thankful for. Who do you really like in life, girls? Who do you want to pray for?

Their answer: "Ma Mouse!"

In case you're not fluent in toddler, "Ma Mouse" means Mickey Mouse.

Yes, you read that right. The coolest 2-year-olds I know just thanked God for Mickey Mouse.

I guess that makes sense if you're a toddler.

I tried to not laugh at them. I told them that yes, we need to thank God for Mickey Mouse. And then I said the only other thing I could think of.

"Amen."

That is one very loved, very important mouse.

I laughed in my kitchen for a very long time after they finally fell asleep.

Kids are awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment