Monday, July 25, 2016

Bench.

Earlier this week I had the chance to be a judge at my county's fair.

I grew up in 4-H and used to consult with the judges about my projects. So, the fact that I do this as an adult is really, really cool.

Actually it's hot, because the weather is always insanely hot the week of the fair.

Anyway, each judge gets a superintendent. A superintendent is a 4-Her who basically organizes everything for you and tells you what to do.

They run the show and keep the process smooth and efficient.

My superintendent this year was a 12-year-old 4-Her. She was sharp! I had fun talking to her and working with her. She's more intelligent than some adults I know.

I was telling my parents about her at dinner that night, kind of bragging about her. I told them her major project was woodworking, and she made a bench. I think it's cool that a 12-year-old girl is involved in the woodworking project.

Me: She made a bench.

My mom: She's a bitch? I thought you said you liked her?

Me: Noooooooooooooooo. A bench, not a bitch.

And that's my 4-H story for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment