Friday, October 2, 2015

Big, scary world

This is a blog post about Penny Pug.

I've been trying to exercise more. It's been a whopping two days since I decided that, but you have to start somewhere, right?

My gym membership is on hold until The Plague, aka my bronchitis, goes completely away.

Ah bummer.

Anyway, with the help of an inhaler I can manage walking and breathing, most of the time.

I had some stuff to mail the other day. Instead of driving, Penny and I walked.

I have the Fitbit app on my phone, and it's easy to become obsessed with it.

Anyway, after we mailed our stuff I let Penny lead the way. If she wanted to turn, we turned. If she wanted to go straight, we kept going. 

Penny weighs almost 20 pounds. Her attitude is much bigger, most of the time.

We ended up a few streets over from my house. There were two German Shephards on one side of the street in a chain link fence.

I hesitated walking past them, so I crossed the street with Penny.

There was a beautiful Boxer sitting down, looking at us. I saw him right away. He didn't look mean and he wasn't barking.

I decided it'd be safe to keep going.

But there was a problem. A 20-pound problem, to be specific.

Penny the small Pug saw that Boxer and was terrified. She sat down and refused to walk any further.

She was also deathly afraid of a cat on our walk.  Oh, Penny.




No comments:

Post a Comment