Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It Wasn't Me.

Last Friday night, after taking the most glorious of naps, I went out to get a few groceries.

It was pretty late, around the time when a popular bar in town closes. Said bar happens to be a handful of blocks from my house.

I was hanging out in my kitchen, eating cherries late at night, when I heard a commotion outside.

My window in my kitchen needs to be replaced. It doesn't really shut, which means I can hear people outside perfectly.

A group of women were arguing. I could hear how drunk they were, and I wondered if I should call the police.

Nah, I thought. I'll just let them fight it out and enjoy every second of the delicious drama I heard.

One woman thought the other slept with her man. The other woman denied it. They went at it for a long time. The first woman claimed she saw it.

Question: If you're caught in the act, how do you deny it?

(In my head I was singing the lyrics to Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me.")

This wonderful drama played out for about 15 minutes, until the drunkards went home and left me in peace. Deep down, I was just happy someone else's life is more dramatic than mine.

So now you have a scoop on who's sleeping with whom in my neighborhood.

FYI - I didn't really want to know, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment