Sunday, July 12, 2015

Grace and dignity.

I try to handle every situation with grace and dignity.

I'm not always successful, but I try.

Yesterday, I went to the store. I got back around the time that the church in front of my house let out. My dog ran out the front door, and I picked her up and threw her back into the house.

In the process, my front door tried to close on its own, but luckily my big toe was there to stop it.

I might have yelled a cuss word that begins with "F" really, really loud. And, you know,  people who were just in God's house may have looked at me funny.

I failed at the whole grace and dignity thing, dropped my groceries and almost lost my dog in the process.

Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

(For what it's worth, my door scraped my toe nail polish off of that toe. It deserved a cuss word. I'm not sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment