Saturday, July 11, 2015

And we danced.

I had the honor of watching two little goobers this morning for a few hours.

We went to the zoo, we got drinks, we ate crackers, and we played with an empty box, an alarm clock, and old newspapers.

Toys weren't a big hit today.

My favorite part of the morning, by far, was our dancing.

They both like music. I recently got my Bose out and found some old iPods. I turned the music up - way up - and we danced.

We danced like three nerds with the living room curtains closed.

We danced to fast songs, country songs and rap songs. When slow songs came on, I scooped them in my arms and "taught" them to slow dance.

I explained how to two-step, too. I gave them relationship advice and told them to not ever settle or dance with stupid boys. (They're not even 2, so I have to keep working on that advice.)

We twirled around and they smiled, giggled, tapped their feet and shook their baby booties.

We got down.

I love them.

Everyone should dance like that every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment