Monday, May 11, 2015

A metaphor in there somewhere.

Today started out promising.

A meeting about my future house left me irritated, and then I realized I lost my debit card at lunch.

I'm aware these are first world problems, and I really have no room to complain. My life with my little Pug is pretty great.

I can get over a bad day, because tomorrow will be a new day.

Tonight, I decided to go for a walk. It's beautiful outside, and I threw on a hoodie, my tunes and set out.

I walk alongside the highway that runs through town. On my walk back to my house, I passed a broken down rendering truck alongside the highway.

I think there's a metaphor in there somewhere. You have to walk through stuff that smells like shit and looks like dead stuff sticking out of a broken down truck to get to the greener grass on the other side.

Yes, there's a metaphor in there somewhere.

Life's pretty stinky sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment