Sunday, April 26, 2015

Three zero, and other notes

First off, I have to say that my 30th birthday was probably my favorite birthday yet.

Thanks to everybody who wished me happy birthday, who uploaded embarrassing photos of an NSYNC concert (yes!) and to my bff, her husband, and my family for a pretty amazing game of Cards Against Humanity that night.

Beers were had, cupcakes were eaten, and there were plenty of laughs.

Good times, all. Good times.







-----

I went to a conference in Salina on my birthday.

Everyone was obsessed with the weather. I admit that I did not check the weather beforehand, or during the conference.

I managed to miss most of the rain on the drive back, which was nice.

I dodged most of the rain on the way home.
This was Salina a few hours after I left it. It turns out that yes, you should absolutely check the weather before you travel.

That little intersection on the map is Salina. I was pretty thankful I had already left!
-----

On my birthday my boss took a pretty sweet picture of us at the conference in Salina. My other co-worker made a comment about the photo. She said it looked like he farted, and I was laughing about it.

Naturally, I tweeted that comment and the photo. I was then re-tweeted by Most Farted (@MostFarted).

On my birthday.

See, I told you my birthday was awesome! My life is complete now.

-----

Seriously, thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I don't think I'm worthy of two birthday cakes and 24 cupcakes, but that didn't stop me from tasting everything.

Thank you!

So far 30 feels a lot like 29. Exactly like it.

I'm also happy to report that after doing my leadership class on Thursday and going out of town on Friday, and giving presentations at each of those things, this little introvert introverted nearly all weekend.

I'm not even sure I saw daylight on Saturday. It was a peaceful day of uninterrupted snoozing all day.

It was a perfect weekend.

I have wonderful people in my life.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment