Thursday, April 30, 2015

I'd be down for that.

I love Humans of New York. 

“My story didn’t turn out like I thought. Without going into it, I’ll just say that I’m a lot more alone than I thought I’d be at this point. But I’ve also learned that I’m a lot stronger than I realized, and I’m proud of myself for that. We took a beach trip recently. I got us all packed up, drove us there, and we had a great day--- all by ourselves. On the ride home, I remember thinking: ‘I got this.’”
One of the comments: Women: you never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option. 
Another Humans of New York story that I love: “I’ve been trying the online dating thing, but I’m an outgoing person, so I always imagined meeting someone naturally. I guess I just thought one day someone would sit next to me and strike up a conversation. If somebody walked up to me right now and said, ‘Let’s go explore,’ I’d totally be down for that.”

The comments are overwhelmingly positive:
Go talk to the guy sitting behind you! Don't wait around, make it happen 
This was me. Outgoing and active, I went to wine tastings and the bookstore and running club and never struck up a conversation of meaning. I did online dating and met the man that lived a few blocks away. I biked and ran past his house many times. We're getting married next month. It doesn't matter how you find that partner.
Anyone would be lucky to date her
Don't be afraid to be THAT person too!! Someone may be waiting for that same thing
There's a guy next to you probably thinking the same.
Tell the universe what you want in a man... Like you would a dress. This color. This size. These sleeves. And know that your dress... YOUR man... Exists. And is looking for YOU. And is on his way to you even now. And needs you, for all that you bring... Just and much as that dress needs you to make it look fantastic on.
I think we're all waiting for someone else to take the risk... We need to buck up and have brave hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment