Friday, February 27, 2015

I like that.

Yesterday was the third session of the leadership class that I'm participating in.

The topic of the morning session was education.

Before I say more, I have to say that I went to the private school in town for grade school and middle school. I'm partial to it, because hey, that's my school.

The principal had some really good things to say to us.

He was talking about hiring people, which is a topic that I particularly enjoy. I've never hired people, and I've only recently (within the past two years) started interviewing people for jobs/internships.

The principal told us to wait until you find the right person to hire. Don't just hire a body to do the work, he said. Take your time, make sure the person's personality fits, and then hire a rock star.

I smiled. It makes sense.

He also said something else that I thought was important enough to write down. He said something along the lines of: "There's never a perfect time to do something."

But a house, get married, have kids. There's never a good time to do those things in life, he said. The perfect time and the perfect place are perceptions that aren't reality (my words, not his).

I like that. As someone who's house searching (STILL), that is some helpful advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment