Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Don't bother the introvert

People who talk a lot bug me.

This probably isn't shocking to anybody who really knows me well (haha).

A couple nights ago I went to a craft store, prepared to zone out and look at all the pretty stuff.

I was looking at all the pretties when I heard something irritating. Somebody was talking an isle over from me. I couldn't understand the words, but it was a low tone and consistent. It went on for a few minutes and I started to wonder how the person could talk so much without pausing to breathe.

How annoying.

I tried to continue shopping but I couldn't. The person just kept on talking. I walked to the other isle to see what the noise was. There were two young girls, probably teenagers, and one was reading a text message to the other one.

I think there should be a rule in craft stores. Don't be noisy and don't bother the introvert who wants to look at pretty stuff.

Ahem.

Talking to have a meaningful conversation with someone, even in a store, is okay. Talking to hear yourself talk is just noise. 

I hate noise. 

(When alcohol is not involved I'm fond of quietness, not hearing people talk and peace.)

Please people, some introverts love that store and don't want to hear your drama while in it.

And now I officially sound old.

I want this.

2 comments: