Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Things I worry about.

I read "Gone Girl" in about 12 hours.

On my trip to South Carolina, I finished "Bossypants" and had a few hours to read another book had I brought one.

I like to read books cover to cover. I'm not a person who can read for an hour here or there. I have to do it all in one or two sittings.

I have a vacation coming up where I'll be doing mostly nothing. It will be amazing. But...there's always a but.

How many books will I need on this vacation? I'm actually a little stressed out about it. Five books? Six books? Two books?

Then there's the problem of what books to take. I don't want anything heavy (that poor Dan Brown book on my bookshelf is never going to get read because of this). I have some Mitch Album books to take, but those are really easy, quick reads.

The list of books that are contenders at this point:

- The Fault in Our Stars

- The other Gillian Flynn books

- The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan, the young Yale student who died in a car crash.

- Like I said, there's a couple of Mitch Album books I have that I don't think I've read yet.

Other vacation notes:

  • I ordered some shorts online a few weeks ago. They were hugely embarrassing on me and I had to send them back. That left me with exactly zero pairs of shorts to wear on the beach. Yes, I should have thought of this sooner, but I had my mind on other things over the summer.
  • In a twist of fate, I went to the mall this week and looked at the clearance rack. Shorts were $8. Score! I bought three pairs. I also have a beach bag (thanks, Ikea!) and a small purse to take.
  • I briefly read through an email earlier this week and laughed. It seems as though I'll be flying out of the Atlanta airport. Ha, ha. If you don't remember, me and that airport go way back. (There are often subtle ways in which I know God is paying attention to my life. This is one of those ways.) This time my anxiety will be centered around flying to another country. Oh, anxiety, you funny thing.
  • This time around I might relax and have a drink on the plane. I was too scared to last time.
  • Speaking of shorts, my legs are embarrassingly white. Sorry, people who have to see them. Luckily, I'll burn in the first 20 seconds on the beach, so I won't have to apologize too much while I'm there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment