Monday, October 27, 2014

How beautiful that blue looks

(This has written a while ago and has been sitting in my blogosphere since. It's about time I publish it.)

I can't say that I'm a baseball fan. I'm not, and I'm not going to pretend to be.

But something special is happening in Kansas. For the first time since 1985 (the year I was born) the Kansas City Royals are in the World Series.


I was watching the Denver Broncos game tonight (this is related, I promise) and Peyton Manning just made his 509th touchdown pass, which surpasses Brett Favre's record.

The announcer said something about this, and I wish I would have written the quote down. He said it's a special time to be a Broncos fan and that people are going to remember this moment for a very long time.

I thought about the Royals when I heard that. Walking around Kansas City, all you see is people in Royals gear. I bought a Kansas City Star, and I have to say, I'm pretty proud of my little fly-over state.

Plus, The Star had some amazing photography, breath-taking layout, and I have to say, that Royal blue looks pretty damn good in print.



I've been to Kansas City a handful of times over the past few years. I never really had a reason to visit before, and instead of going east I always went west instead to Denver.

But, I'll give Kansas City some love. It's a pretty cool place.

Did I mention how beautiful that blue looks in print?


No comments:

Post a Comment