Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Recap

I love everything about Saturday Night Live.

As you can probably imagine, I was pretty excited to watch it while I was snuggled up with my electric blanket over the weekend. After all, it's the season premiere!

It was both good and bad. The opening skit was lame and the flubbed lines made me want to change the channel.

I'm also getting to a point in my life where I don't know who the hosts are or who the singers are. Note: Who the hell is Weeknd, and why is it spelled like that?

Regardless of that thing he had on his head, I noticed he has a pretty good voice.

Anyway, one of the things I love doing when watching a total train wreck happening on television is to update Twitter constantly. I did this and was not disappointed.

Positive things that came out of the episode:

The skit that mocked a Nicki Minaj song was my favorite. It was hilarious. (More info here: 'SNL' recap: Chris Pratt Raps & Ariana Grande Acts)

A 20-year-old totally stole the show, and that skit was too dirty for me to write about. That kid is going to be good.

There was a skit that was so stupid, I was kind of mad at it for making noise.

Oh, Saturday Night Live. I think it will get better this season.

(On another friendly note: I still love Weekend Update. Colin Jost is adorable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment