Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Sometimes you have to break the rules and have fun."

At lunch today my mom was feeding one of my nieces. We sit them on the table in little chairs and feed them fruit and some kind of meat and noodle mixture for lunch.

Today, one twin was acting especially ornery. She would take a bite of food, think about it, and in the cutest way imaginable, spit it out at us.

Then she would look at us and laugh.

Now, she's only seven months old. Does a baby that little know what she's doing?

My answer is yes. Yes, she knew she was spitting food out at us and she thought it was hilarious.

Honestly, I thought it was pretty funny too. Some baby food got on my arm. Damn, kid, you can aim!

Like I just told my mom over the phone, the only thing we taught her today is that you can spit on people and people will laugh and love you anyway.

Normally that isn't acceptable behavior. But dammit, it was adorable.

Oh well. Like my mom just said: "Sometimes you have to break the rules and have fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment