Saturday, September 6, 2014

Other notes

I have a few random notes that I can't make into full blog posts, so I'm going to write some tidbits.

-----

Today a woman from Virginia told me I have an accent. To which I said, oh puh-please.

Ha, ha.

-----

Accents are funny. I don't travel much, and I definitely don't travel to the South much.

The word 'your' is pronounced 'yo.'

Example: "Eat yo biscuit."

-----

People here call their parents momma and daddy. Even if you're 80, you have a momma and daddy, not parents, mom and dad or mother or father.

I like that.

-----

"I lied, but I was really confident about it."

-----

"A few simple but carefully crafted words go a long way."

-----

"Eat yo biscuit."

-----

"If it's what you want to do, what you want to do from the bottom of your heart, then do it. It's worth it."

-----

"Do you want to be associated with stupidness?"

-----

"You don't have to use a lot of words to tell your story. Just use the right words."

-----

"Do what you're passionate about. Life's too short to be unhappy."

-----  

Seriously. 

"Eat yo biscuit."

-----

I'm at the National Federation of Press Women conference in Greenville, S.C.

More info: nfpw.org

No comments:

Post a Comment