Thursday, August 7, 2014

Food and Wine

It started out as a Pinterest idea for a recipe called hot naked spaghetti.

It called for spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and olive oil. I used some of my spaghetti earlier in the week, so I had to improvise.

I used penne instead, which worked out just fine.

I also found some leftover pasta sauce in the fridge. People, it looks like we're going to make a Monica original here!

I grabbed a couple of zucchini, sliced them up and then threw that into a pan with olive oil. I had a little bit of red wine left that I'm not really fond of drinking, so I threw the rest of that into the pan with a little bit of balsamic vinegar.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I taste tested it along the way and it was pretty good.

I threw the veggies, pasta and sauce into a pan.

But wait, we need protein!

I cooked some chicken and added the rest of the wine into the pan. Hey, why not? After that was done, it got thrown into the pan with some Parmesan cheese on top.

Throw that into an oven at 350 degrees for 30ish minutes...and I can't begin to describe how awesome this smells. It smells like wine and happiness.

Delicious!

I'm not a huge fan of zucchini, but it's pretty good if you cook it in wine.

Trust me.




No comments:

Post a Comment