Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sigh of relief.

I took a nap on Saturday night.

When I woke up, I thought about paying my bills. My next and last car payment isn't due for another few weeks, but I wondered why I hadn't just paid it off already.

What the heck, I thought. I might as well pay that sucker off.

I've been dreaming of this day since I bought my car a few years ago. It was a lot of money to me back then. It was more than my previous car payment. That, combined with student loan payments and paying rent... Well, let's just say that there were times I couldn't go to Sonic during happy hour the day before payday and use my debit card.

It was that bad for the first year or two out of college.

Anyway, the payment on my new car was quite a bit higher than on my old one. I wondered if I could afford it. When I went into the car place to talk about the paperwork, I used my own credit to but it and didn't need a co-signer.

What a grown up!

Paying it off was strangely anti-climatic. I woke up, paid it off, then struggled to stay awake until 10 p.m. on a Saturday night.

Welcome to adult life, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment