Friday, July 25, 2014

Healthy!

I would describe my personality as somewhat pessimistic. In whatever situation I'm in, I always assume the worst possible thing.

I'm sometimes an awesome person to be around. (Sarcasm.)

I had some lingering questions regarding my health that have been bugging me recently. I just assumed the worst and put off making a doctor's appointment. 

But you know, sometimes life involves doing things you don't want to do. After my doctor came in the room, she told me several times that I've lost a "significant" amount of weight and that my blood pressure was much better.

Other than some allergy issues, there's nothing wrong with me.

Look at me, being all healthy and stuff!

There was not an ounce of negativity during the appointment. Just, you're doing good with everything and keep up the great work.

Look at me, being an adult and fixing my problems!

This is a big deal. I could try to explain it to everyone, but I'm not sure I can get across how important this is to me. 

I went to this same doctor's office right after I moved back to my hometown in 2011. As in, I quit my job, moved back to my hometown without a job, then went to a doctor who said hey, you've got some issues!

You could say that I was a little stressed out about life and there were several things about me that were not healthy.

But the cool thing about life? You can fix the stuff you've broken along the way.

My New Year's resolution this year was to be healthy. That resolution was kind of broken when I landed in a doctor's office on Jan. 5 with bronchitis, but I figured it was a good goal to work to. 

I'm getting to the point where I almost have no lingering health problems.

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment