Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dance like an idiot.

I’ve been thinking over the past few days about what my favorite moment of the wedding was.

I think I have an answer. The dinner was good, the grand march was fun, the song that tells you to hop might be my favorite thing in the history of things, and seeing the first dance was cool.

The best man and maid of honor speeches were some of the best I’ve heard, too.

But none of those things were my favorite things.

I think my favorite thing was not paying attention to my phone. There were no selfies, no Facebook status updates, and no photos of the beautiful bride and I after the ceremony.

Phones are great, photos are great, yes, but I don’t think they should play a part in a wedding. Weddings are for being happy, making memories, and being around people you’ve known your entire life.

If anyone wants my excellent advice for attending weddings or being a part of a wedding party, it’s this: put your phone away, have a drink, and dance like an idiot.

That was my favorite part.

There’s also a pretty awesome lyric in the song Mambo No. 5: A little bit of Monica in my life.

My wedding hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment