Tuesday, March 15, 2022

St. Louis list


I went to St. Louis last weekend, where several first-time things happened. Here’s a list, in no particular order:

- I found a giant pencil. Of course the writer finds a giant pencil.

- I thought about buying a giant pencil, and then I realized that I already have a giant pencil from my childhood. Some things never change.

- I saw Eric Church play the guitar with a sharpie in his hand instead of a guitar pick. Why not?

- He adjusted his glasses when he wasn’t wearing glasses. It happens to all of us. 

- I saw him sing Eminem and Nelly right in front of me. (Hey, must be the money.)

- He drank someone’s beer. I’ve never seen him drink beer. It was glorious.

- He sang Mr. Misunderstood at my end of the stage. Hearing the words “Hey there, weird kid” right in front of you just hits different. 

- I met more concert people. The very cool people in line by me were all in the other pit, which is usual for me on this tour. Sigh.

- They told me that on the last tour, another country artist waited in the out line, along with everyone else. This makes my heart happy. Everyone loves Eric and didn’t mind waiting in line for five or seven hours to see him.

- In 2017, on the Holdin’ My Own tour, St. Louis was the fanciest city that I’d seen in a long time. Since then, I’ve seen Nashville, Washington DC and New Orleans.

- The Midwest just isn’t doing it for me anymore. 🤣

- There may or may not have been a bullet hole in my AirBnB’s window (in a good neighborhood). St. Louis, really? Do we need to sit down and have a little chat?


No comments:

Post a Comment