Sunday, February 6, 2022

It was a lovely dream.


Love
Dreams
Cozy sleeps
Red like his wine
And the cherry in my drink
It was a lovely dream
Gold
Like the ring I wanted
but never got
Summer
Drunk music
Loud as we could get it
A flask in the neighbor’s yard
Laughter
Breakfasts
Road trips
Meeting his family
Him meeting mine
Blue
Like his eyes
In the summer skies
Brown
Like my knee high boots
He asked me to wear
Like coffee on my bedside table in the morning
And his couch
A pile of clothes on the floor
And I still want more
Football games on bar TVs
Rooting for purple, not orange
Kisses
Tongues and touches
Passion
Holding hands
And each other
Gentle touches
Cute clutches
Fall
Orange, red and yellow everywhere
A city starry night sky
Music downtown
Long walks, art, museums
Taking Ubers around town
Leaves on the ground
And then I was down
It was good while it was good, and then it wasn’t
It was alive
Until it wasn’t
White
Like his sheets
And the snow
And his lies
And all the times I tried
It felt like love
But it wasn’t
Could have spent forever with him
But won’t
Not love
Not passion
Not red or gold
Or purple or white or yellow
Black, like
Loneliness
Unfaithfulness
Unreturned messages
Love unappreciated and 
Unhindered
Staring at a wall
Wondering if he’ll call
or care at all
Or fall 
back in love
or lust
or whatever that was
Thinking about how fast time is moving
Without him
Missing him
Lies
Deceit 
Cold feet
Rejection
No affection
Sleeping on his pillow
It smells like him and he’s not here
Colors everywhere
All around me, yet all l I see is 
Grey
Cold and brokenness
Snow everywhere
Mud and muck
Gave him my all, gave him my best
How does love go from happy one day
to dead the next?

No comments:

Post a Comment