Sunday, February 13, 2022

I wanna dance with somebody.



I’ve had the best week ever.

I’m going to start off with last night, when I went to a concert in my hometown with my bff.

I wasn’t a huge Chris Janson fan before, but I am now. When I bought those concert tickets three days ago, I really just wanted to go to a concert with my bestie. 😎

So Chris comes on stage, a man who literally has 0 percent body fat, and my bestie’s response, a few beers in at that point: “Look at that thigh gap. He’s obviously never pushed out two children.”

😆

It was a perfect night. Ray Fulcher was excellent, and we got to hear Shane Profitt, who has ONE song on Spotify.

I love finding new people. 😍

And, the night was kind of weird. Chris Janson rocked a Whitney Houston song, which I never imagined working in my head, but it totally did.

It was so great. 

And we got Piano Man and some Journey, along with some Lynyrd Skynyrd.

From Chris Janson? 

Let’s not even count the number of times Eric Church was mentioned - not by me, but by Chris and Ray. 

Okay, by me, too.

It was a great night. 

Other highlights: 

- Chris Janson moo’ed at us. Kansas, cows. I get it. I’ve never been moo’ed at a concert. 🤣

- My bff: “His wife is so lucky.” 

- Oh, I want to dance with somebody. 💃 With somebody who loves me!

- I sang that Whitney Houston song like I was Joanna Cotten, guys. I nailed it. 😉

- As per tradition, my parents and I went and found the tour bus before the show, and I bought a shirt afterwards. It’s my tradition, and it will live on. 

- My BFF and I, along with other friends, went to a Chris Cagle concert in high school. We were in the front row. According to BFF, one of the guitar players wasn’t wearing shoes, and I was really bothered by the fact that he was barefoot. I remember that concert, and I even wrote about it in my journal. I do not remember the barefoot guitar player, though.

That’s what friends are for - to remember the stupid stuff you did 20 years ago. 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment