Saturday, July 31, 2021

Livin’ on Tulsa Time

 




We have a lot of catching up to do on thishereblog.

I’ve about had it with homelessness. Like, I’ve officially reached the capacity of what I can handle and I’m just not going to tolerate any more

And then I sprained my knee. 

It hurt. A lot.

And then, for a while, my car broke down.

You know what, guys? I am not having a record year at the moment. 

Full disclosure: I am writing this blog post from my phone while on the road, so once I get back to Kansas, I will update it with photos.

I decided to make the most of my homelessness by traveling on the weekends. Because, why not?

Last weekend, I went to heaven on Earth, also known as Pawhuska, Oklahoma, which is home of the Pioneer Woman.

(I also have to add in here that I read her blog before it was cool to read blogs.)

Anyway, I had a great time. The great thing about traveling solo if that you can find great prices at AirBnBs all over.

So, Oklahoma. I did not eat at the Mercantile, but I did go upstairs and get a pastry and a lemonade. 

Every other lemonade I’ve had since then has sucked in comparison. 

Tulsa is also very cool. I haven’t been here since college, and it definitely did not look the way I remembered it looking.

It’s changed a lot.

The best food I had there was avocado fries at some cute riverside cafe I found.

I mean, did I really need to eat a deep fried avocado with ranch dressing? No, no I did not, but that didn’t stop me.

🤷‍♀️

Oklahoma was a good time. The Mercantile is awesome and the Lodge is even better.

I’ll be back sometime, Oklahoma. 👍


No comments:

Post a Comment