Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 3 - A song that reminds you of summer

For Day 3, I'm going to go with Eric Church's Springsteen.

And I'd like to point out that I wasted yesterday's blog on a song with 'summer' in the title. Oh well.

So, Springsteen. I think this song is one of EC's best songs. Other than the lyrics 'like the soundtrack to a July Saturday night' being in the song, this song reminds me of summer for one specific reason.

In the summer of 2018, there was a concert that I had my eye on. I knew the person I was dating at the time would not go with me, so I didn't bother asking him.

As that concert date got closer, I started checking ticket and hotel prices. I really, really wanted to go, but there was a problem in the form of a man who hated fun.

A week before the concert, the Heavens opened up and the angels started to sing. That relationship ended, which meant that I was free to do fun things, like go to an Eric Church concert in Oklahoma in August.

It's one of my favorite memories now. I bought a pit ticket, because I am me, and I made friends with the people around me. My concert buddy to the right of me told me to get out my Rolling Stone when EC was on our side of the stage.

And during the song Springsteen, the Heavens again opened up, and the angels (and the Church Choir) started to sing. I got my copy of Rolling Stone autographed during this song.

Funny how a melody sounds like a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment