Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day 2 - A song you like with a number in the title

This one was a little tricky, guys. I had to enlist my Dad for help, and he ultimately picked this song. 

While we were talking about song titles today, 'One' by Metallica came up, as did Dolly Parton's '9 to 5' and 'Summer of 69.' 

But '21 Summer' wins because I love Brothers Osborne with all of my heart (and because John Osborne plays the guitar like he invented it).

I looked on my phone from the concert I went to last year, and sadly, I did not get '21 Summer' on video. However, here is a YouTube link. 



--

Favorite lyrics:

I hope you find the storm that you were chasing
Hope your eyes are still as full of dreams
As they were that night when you slipped off those cut off jeans
When I hear the sound of high tide thunder
I can see your hair blowing in the breeze
I think about how you and that twenty-one summer made a man of me
Yeah you made a man of me
How yah been I'd love to hear 'bout how you been
You're the only broken heart I've ever had and love to have again






---

"You're the only broken heart I've ever had and love to have again."

We've all been there. 

---

This song and talking to my Dad today brings up several inappropriate stories, and I've really thought about keeping these stories to myself. 

But I'm the boss of thishereblog, and I think we shall explore the inappropriateness of life during this very inappropriate time in the world. 

Inappropriate story #1: I bought baby wipes for my best friend's son today. Because of the crazy times and this stupid virus that is threatening to uproot everything we know to be true in life, I've been trying to reach out to people who aren't as mobile as I am (re: elderly and those who have young kids) to see if they need anything.

And when bff's son needs wipes, you just shut up and buy the child wipes.

I loaded the wipes into my cart today, and my Dad made an inappropriate comment. Oftentimes in public, people mistake my Dad for my husband. I would be hugely embarrassed about that, but I'm not because it happens on a fairly regular basis. 

There was a joke in there somewhere today about how my Dad, who is often mistaken for my husband, and I were out buying baby wipes today. 

You know? Whatever. 

Inappropriate story #2: While bringing up the first inappropriate story, I had what I call a Random Boyfriend Flashback that was a little too good to keep to myself. So, naturally, I told my Dad.

When bff's child was born, I was dating a guy who lived in the next town over. The baby needed a different bottle that only a certain store in that town sells. When bff asked me to pick the item up for her, I immediately said yes. 

Because that's what you do when bff has a baby. I didn't even hesitate.

It wasn't until later that day when the guy that I was dating at the time mentioned to me that it was kind of weird to be dragged into a store by his new girlfriend to look at baby bottles. 

He said he was nervous about seeing his co-workers at the store the entire time I was in the baby section. 

Oops, I guess?

So, depending on how you look at the situation, I was telling my Dad/husband about my past boyfriend in public today.

Inappropriate? Maybe.

Funny? Definitely.

And we all need some funny in our lives right now.

--

And to the guy who thought I was weird for taking him shopping for baby bottles: I honestly didn't think it was weird at the time.

Also, I hope you find the storm that you were chasing. (For what it's worth, I also hope that storm is far, far away from me.)

--

Fun story about the song 'One' follows:

In college, I went on a road trip with a group of friends. I was driving, and the song 'One' started playing. Back then, I think my car showed the song title, but not the artist. My friend was expecting a U2 song, but instead of Metallica.

(It was probably a song I burned off Napster, too...)

Anyway, I still remember that friend's response to that song playing in my car: "Monica, I didn't know you had Metallica in you."

Oh, please. Of course I have some Metallica in me.

Doesn't everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment