Thursday, January 2, 2020

Sparkles Applebloom

When the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve, I was putting shoes on because I was heading to the make up store.

Okay, I was putting shoes on Sparkles Applebloom, the Barbie I was playing with. And the make up store we were going to happened to be in my bathroom.

My Barbie playing buddy, little L, who will turn six years old this month, told me that my Barbie was named Sparkles Applebloom.

I love being named Sparkles!

I asked little L what her Barbie's name was.

"Monica," she said. "My Barbie's name is Barbie."

She looked at me like I was the dumbest person on the planet. Sorry, child. I honestly did not know. Also, I got an eye roll for that one. When I pointed out that she rolled her eyes, she did it again. Haha.

I got my midnight kisses and hugs and snuggles out of the way, and we eventually told stories before bedtime.

My story involved a princess, a mountain and a waterfall, and a very good looking prince who did not have any ex-girlfriends contacting him from across the country.

My favorite redhead one upped my story with a tale of a 10 million pound frog.

A 10 million pound frog trumps a love story any day. I can't compete with her storytelling.

This child is awesome.

---

Happy New Year! May your new year be filled with kids and sparkles and frogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment