Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Mermaid

My favorite little redhead and I were looking at Christmas presents at Grandma's house.

Little redhead is working on letters and sight words in kindergarten. She found my gifts and asked me who the name on the gifts were for.

Well, little redhead, what's the first letter on the name tag?

M, she said.

All right, I said. Out of all of the names in the family, whose name starts with an M?

Little redhead thought for a minute. I could see the wheels in her head turning.

"The presents are for a mermaid," little redhead said. She was excited she figured it out.

I didn't have the heart to tell her the presents were for Aunt Monica (me). Grandma and Grandpa most certainly went shopping and bought a mermaid presents instead of their daughter.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment