Thursday, January 31, 2019

Life has a funny way of making sure you get to where you need to be.

From Humans of New York: 

Life has a funny way of making sure you get to where you need to be.

--

Not that she's asking for advice or anything, but I would encourage patience and an open mind. The universe isn't always interested in your narrow plan for your enormous life.

--

Get knocked down 8 times, get up 9. It sounds like you think life owes you something b/c you’ve done everything “right.” It doesn’t. Keep plugging, and enjoy this precious gift you’ve been given.

--

Even through all of that the thing that broke her the most was knowing she was dying inside and he couldn't care less. When that love stops being reciprocated it breaks something in you.

--

From one "The Written Arts" kid to another-- someone will pay you for your words some day. You've got a great voice. Keep shouting. Literally and metaphorically.

--

My brother just sent me the text, "Now's the perfect time to punch reality in the balls and have an epic adventure." Maybe (even though it still feels like shite) this is the start of your epic adventure? Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that we all really do need to go punch reality in the balls.

--

My parents taught me there are two things that are never a waste of money: traveling and education. And in many ways, they’re the same thing.

--

"Travel isn't always pretty. It isn't always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that's okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind." -Anthony Bourdain

--

Travel is always worth it. You are experiencing something that no one can buy and, in years to come, are giving yourself an incredibly valuable gift - memories. Also, at 33, you still have time.

--

I had been on online dating sites for years with horrible luck. Not only did I not meet very many good guys, most were insane, perverted or downright scary. The messages I got ranged from boring to sexually explicit to racist rants. Finally, about 4 years ago, I told my friend I was going to delete my profile that night. He said—just keep it one more week, new people join every weekend. I shrugged—alright. Another week. That week I got a message from this Math geek with a love for stand-up comedy and a smile that made me weak in the knees. We met a day later and have been together since. Got married earlier this year. It is important to not lose hope, to stay positive and keep looking—for new connections, friendships, experiences. Don’t let heartbreak or bad experiences let you get bitter.

--



I think my favorite quote from How I Met Your Mother definitely applies to this story: "But never forget that on any day, you can step out the front door and your whole life can change forever. You see, the universe has a plan kids, and that plan is always in motion. A butterfly flaps its wings, and it starts to rain. It's a scary thought but it's also kind of wonderful. All these little parts of the machine constantly working, making sure that you end up exactly where you're supposed to be, exactly when you're supposed to be there. The right place at the right time."

No comments:

Post a Comment