Friday, October 19, 2018

On Jedis and truck stops.

This is going to be nerdy, so please be patient.

The only thing that I really know about Star Wars is that I don't like any of the movies. The Last Jedi was pretty, and I can appreciate that, but that's where my appreciation for all things Star Wars ends.

Anyway, I remember watching Episode 1: The Phantom Menace back in the day in the theater with friends. If I remember right, there had to be some reason I went to that movie. I'm guessing it had to do with a boy band and TRL on MTV.

(God, I'm old.)

Anyway, while on this weekend road trip with my friend friend, he had probably the best description of a Star Wars movie I've ever heard.

First, let's see what Dr. Google says about Episode 1:

When the Trade Federation cuts off all routes to the planet Naboo, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are assigned to settle the matter.

My friend friend has a point: The entire premise of the movie is that these Jedis can't get off of a planet.

In his words: "It's like SEAL Team Six being stuck at a truck stop."

Me: "Maybe they locked their keys in their car. Or maybe their car got stolen."

His words: "You're SEAL Team Six. Call a Black Hawk."

I hate losing arguments, but I have to give him this one.

He's not wrong.

Rainy trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment