Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Lost little Pickle

Last Friday night, I was hanging out in my house and watching tv.

The dogs were outside. They like being outside at night, and they actually bug me if I make them stay inside when I get home from work.

So the fur children were hanging out and being dogs outside.

Around dark, I went to let them in.

The fawn children were outside sleeping by each other. They woke up when I hollered at them, and they both came inside.

But the black fur child did not come inside.

Sometimes she falls asleep in whatever random hole she dug that day, and I have to go around looking for her. I walked all over my backyard looking for Pickles, and my heart sank when I saw that one of my gates was wide open.

OH MY GOD.

I asked the neighbor kids if they had seen my dog, and they said they had not.

I called my Mom in a panic, and then told her to come over right away.

My next order of business was to check Facebook, because that's what you do when dogs get lost.

There was a post that was a minute old. A family had found a cute little black dog by the country club.

Um, the country club is a mile from my house. ONE MILE AWAY.

I left my phone number with the lady and waited for her to call me. Not even a minute later, my cell phone rang.

I dropped everything, grabbed my keys and went to get my dumbass escapee.

Pickles ran away to the right house. When I pulled up and parked across the street, they had given her food and water and were loving on her.

Pickles ran up to me, wagged her tail, and started kissing me.

I thought, dog, if you missed me then why did you run away?

I used to make fun of people who lost their dogs. Now, I have a dog who will bolt out of doors and gates if given the chance and 2 seconds to do it.

I'm extremely lucky that I found her.

Also, my gates now have shiny new locks on them and I check on the fur kids when they're outside without me.

I'm so sorry. I'll never run away again.
Lol jk, I'll totally do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment