Thursday, August 16, 2018

Dude, you're 2.

Picture this:

Three little girls, their aunt and Grandma are eating snow cones outside when it's about a million degrees out.

We go back to Grandma's, and I pull out my phone to show Grandma videos of Eric Church that I took at the concert last week.

My adorable, brilliant and beautiful 2-year-old niece looks at the video.

"Where Monta?"

Grandma looked at me.

"Monta's right there," Grandma said, as she pointed to a male camera man in my video.

(Monta = Monica in 2-year-old speak)

The 2-year-old doesn't know any better. She bought the story we were selling her.

And then the brilliant 2-year-old had another question.

"Where me?"

Uh, what do you mean, child?

"Where me?" she said, as the pointed to the video of a concert that was in another state that I did not invite her to.

Dude, you're 2. You did not go to the concert with Aunt Monica.

She looks confused and says, "Why not?"

I think I might have a concert buddy in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment