Tuesday, February 20, 2018

So he gets mad and eats his friends?

I had a pretty cute little red-head in my care for about 18 hours over the weekend.

I had a blast with her.

Some of my favorite moments with a 4-year-old:

Me: What's your favorite color?
L: Red, like my hair.

L, after waking up to a nice warm bed thanks to an electric blanket: "Monica, that blanket is magic!"

Reading a book about dinosaurs, which explains that a T-Rex eats other dinosaurs.
L: Is he mad?
Me: No. Why do you think he's mad?
L: He eats other dinosaurs.
Me: Yes, that's what the book says.
L: He eats his friends?
Me: Well...kind of.
L: So he gets mad and eats his friends?
Me: Basically.

L: I don't have a boyfriend. K gets all the boys.
(K is her twin sister.)

L: I get so scared when the lights turn off when I'm going night night.
Me: Okay, child. Let's turn some lights on so you don't get scared.
L: Monica, I can't sleep with the lights on.
Me: *Facepalm*

L: I don't like boys. Boys poop their pants.
Me: All boys poop their pants?
L: Yes.
Me: Okay.

Me, at bedtime: Do you know how much I love you?
L: Do you know how much I love you?
Me: A lot.
L: I love you more.
Me: Nope. I love you the mostest.
L: I love you this much!

Penny Pug: Don't worry. I will protect the tiny human.

And then my heart exploded.


No comments:

Post a Comment