Friday, June 16, 2017

Serene.


I can't tell you if it's science or if it's mental gymnastics.

The only thing that I know is this: Ever since I got my salt lamp last week, I've slept amazing each night and I've woken up in a happy mood.

New doctor in Wichita had me pick up something at Bed, Bath and Beyond when I was there last week. Oh darn, she said. You'll probably have to shop at Really Cute Area while you're there.

Oh darn is right.

I've never really given that area of town much consideration or attention. When I lived in Big City, I lived on the other side of town.

But shopping in this area of Big City means I'll likely run into my brother's ex and not my own ex, so I consider that a major win for this side of town.

I think I just found a new favorite shopping area.

Anyway, this lamp was calling my name. I've wanted one for a long time, but I could never justify the expense. After dealing with my colon issues for so long, I decided that yes, I did deserve to buy myself something.

Think of it as a reward for having a complicated butt.

I think The Raven likes having a lamp on at night, too. Since I've had it, her blind(ish) Pug self has not gotten lost or cried for help in the middle of the night.

I'm sensitive to sounds and noises when I sleep. The condition has to be perfect and serene in order for me to actually get some shut eye. But this lamp doesn't bother me. Waking up to that orange light when the sun is starting to rise is a little glimmer of paradise in southwest Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment