Monday, June 19, 2017

I am why I can't have nice stuff.

Today's blog post is inspired by The Bloggess.

Is there a medication I can try that makes me angry-cry less when life doesn't go my way?

Among my first world problems: I left my favorite lipstick in my car this weekend. It was 100 degrees on Saturday.

Said lipstick is now a giant pile of goo.

Text message I just sent: I hate myself for this. It was expensive. I am why I can't have nice stuff.

It was so hot on Saturday, I cleaned my house and did all of my laundry, just to avoid going outside.

In other not so depressing news, I got a little bit of house work done over the weekend. On Sunday, mind you, because it was too damn hot to do anything on Saturday.

I screwed up and bought one bag of mulch that was a different color than the rest, and it turns out I need probably 6-8 more bags of mulch. But my front yard is looking better.

It takes time, people.

I'm also working on my back porch. My white trash solution to the problem a month ago costs $10. I won't even post a photo of it, because it's embarrassing. Some wood and some white paint later, it looks promising.

I think it will look nice when it's finished. It's amazing what some paint will do to a 117-year-old house.


No comments:

Post a Comment