Thursday, May 18, 2017

Part 8: How ‘bout you?

We were in the hotel before the concert, hanging out. We were tired, so it was nice to take a break and lay down.

The TV was not on. I was laying in bed with my face buried in the pillow.


Sweet, sweet heaven.

Out of nowhere, my Mom starts laughing. I know that laugh, because I heard that laugh at my doctor’s appointment the day earlier.

There was nothing funny happening. I wondered what in the world she thought was so funny.

She barely got it out: “Monica, I think I’m ready to go to the concert. How ‘bout you?”

For those of you who don’t follow Church, there’s a song called How ‘Bout You. 

That moment was as perfect as my doctor’s appointment.

I laughed, too, and I told her that next time, don’t laugh before you tell me the joke. You kinda beat yourself to the punch line there.

The rest of the night was filled with that joke.

Mom, I want something to eat. How ‘bout you?

I think I’m going to buy that t-shirt. How ‘bout you?


I like this song. How ‘bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment