Thursday, May 25, 2017

Part 12: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Remember when I said earlier on thishereblog that beauty and art are subjective?

Let's continue with that theme.

Because I planned this trip at the last minute on a holiday weekend, I was unable to find a hotel room that met our needs for all three nights.

That means that we were nomads during the day, and switched hotels each night.

The second hotel we stayed in was downtown. I had high hopes for it. It had good reviews online, and I was excited about staying downtown.

It turns out, that hotel sucked.

It wanted to be a cool place for hipsters, but it just failed on so many different levels. (It missed the mark like a 23-year-old journalist fresh out of school used to miss the mark on stories all of the time.)

I had a lot of fun with the door knob that went into the our bathroom at this hotel. Um, where am I supposed to grab it? I felt kind of dirty every time I touched it.



Across the street from the hotel, my Mom took a photo of another "art" sculpture.



Oh, Saint Louis. I loved you. I want to go back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment