Monday, November 14, 2016

Pugs and bugs.

The other night, it was around 8 p.m., and I was spent.

I told the Pugs to go to bed...and then I realized they were already in bed.

I crawled into bed, yawned, laid down and went to shut my lamp off beside my bed. And then I saw it. There were bugs crawling all over my ceiling.

Now, I'm not overly sensitive to bugs. I don't mind bugs outside. But bugs are not allowed inside of my house. If you are a bug in my house, you die.

I don't own a flyswatter. Even if I did, it wouldn't have helped me, because my ceilings are 10-feet tall.

I am, on a good day with shoes on, five feet, three inches tall.

Do they make a fly swatter that's five feet long?!?

I decided the solution to the problem involved shoes, a ladder, and a mop. I did manage to kill all of the lady bug things, and I eventually found and flushed all of the corpses.

In the middle of climbing on ladders, cussing, and throwing shoes, my FitBit buzzed because I had reached my step goal.

Of course I thought it was a bug buzzing on my wrist, and I freaked out.

I also accidentally tried to kill a piece of dust on the wall. It turns out, dust doesn't die. It just kinda floats around until you figure out it's dust and not a bug.

My dogs were traumatized. Two slept in the living room that night. The only dog that slept with me was the blind dog, who had no idea what was going on.

Pugs and bugs, I tell you. Pugs and bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment